- If you’re late to class, clear your throat loudly. The professor may not have noticed you walk in the door. It’s also customary to apologize to the professor in front of everyone on bended knee.
- If you must use the bathroom during lecture, be sure to raise your hand.
- During Gotcha Week, freshmen are required to keep their IDs on a lanyard around their necks at all times so that upperclassmen can find them.
- The only appropriate phrase to use in chapel is “come on.”
- Ask about NU’s discounted wedding package, including officiate services provided by Campus Ministries and reception catering by the Caf.
- Freshmen aren’t allowed to park in any parking lot next to a building.
- Bring all textbooks to every class.
- Ask for a Deluxe Eagle Burger at the Grill.
- Have a DTR before the end of Orientation Week or within the first month of classes starting.
- When a professor doesn’t immediately respond to an email, contact his/her spouse and threaten the family pet until you get a reply.
- If you spend enough time under the library, you will hear voices of small children. That’s normal.
- There’s a hot tub in the Barton building exclusive to seniors – something to look forward to as you complete your undergraduate career.
- Don’t stress about what to wear; yoga pants are always your best option.
- The EFC is for pre-wedding workouts and half-marathon training only.
- Make sure you’re married, or at least engaged, by the end of your senior year. NU is an expensive dating service, so use it!
#1 Tip for Upperclassmen:
If freshmen look lost, always assume they know where they’re going.
Written by Rachel Brewster
Posted In: Humor